GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION OF
[The area of
Agricultural Perspective of Geographical Location of
The life of a plant is so intimately related with the environmental factors of a place that every species of plant seems to be fitted to a particular set of environmental conditions within the limits of which it is able to grow and reproduce its own kinds. Again, environment of an area is strongly governed by its geographical location. The dangers to agriculture which depend on geographical location of an area include-
- the incidence and extent of pest and diseases
- the incidence and effect of drought
- soil erosion from wind or water
- the incidence, frequency and extent of cyclones, tornados, earthquakes, norwesters hail storms, etc.
- depletion of soil organic matter and soil fertility
- the extent of soil salinity
So, all crops can not be grown successfully in all place. One should take consideration of all these points in selecting and adopting of any crop in a particular area.