SIGNIFICATION OF SEED VIGOR OF PRODUCTION
1. Weak seed produce weak seedling where as a vigorous seed produce stout seedling.
2. A large and heavier seed produce healthy seedling which can give more yield than smaller and lighter seed.
3. Vigorous seeds on swingman with stand an unfavorable condition of environment where as a no vigorous seed can not with stand.
4. Vigorous seed can give high seed germination.
5. Vigorous seed give or introduce uniform growth of seedling which helps harvesting after ripening.
6. Lees vigorous can increase the field duration of crop.
7. Vigorous plant seeds can scads the weed competition.
FACTOR AFFECTING SEED VIGOR
GENETIC CONSTITUTION OF SEED:
If vigor plants are can produce the vigorous seed.
A vigorous seed:
If the seed is genetically resistant into disease and pest it will produce a vigorous plant get ultimately vigorous seed.
A VIGOR SEED MUST BE VIABLE BUT A WALK SEED MAY NOT VIGOROUS
ENVIRONMENT DURING SEED DEVELOPMENT:
If the soil moisture is limitingin land the plant will p[roduce small amount of seed.in an experiment it is very much important that “ N2 Fertilizer applied in wheet produce it high more seeds will give high protein contented seed.
SEED STORAGE ENVIRONMENT:
Rarely on seldom are seed harvested are immidiaatly planted without any resting period,time of seed storage type of seed storage seed storage environment.
DEFINITION OF SEED DORMANCY:
Inability of a viable seed ton germinate under favorable condition . the seed both are shows dormant character .the period form maturity to germination is known as dormant period .
In field crops dormancy varies from two to three months. In Indian lotus varies upto 400 years in Rasian pig varies upto 50 years.
The science which deals heredity of variation is called genetic.
Contraining influence by the environmental factor where by the effect is negative or harmful.
THE RESTINCT PERIOD OF SEED DUE TO PRESENCE OF GERMINATION CONDITION.
IF SEED EXIBITIES IN PERMEABILITY OF WATER THEN SEEDS ARE CALLED HARD SEED.
Aadvantage of dormancy:
1. Genetically inheridity goes on offspring due to presence of seed dormancy.
2. Due to presence of seed dormancy in rice, what we can use as food.
3. Due to presence of seed dormancy plant can escape different stress codition.
4. If dormancy not present in seed we can not store the food materials.
5. Due to presence of weed seeddormancy we can controlweed easily.
1. Long time require for breaking seed dormancy.
2. If we sow dormant seed in field it takes long time for seed germination ultimately p[production daily.
3. Due to presence of dormancy planting schedule may change which ultimately reduce crop production.
4. Due to presence of weed seed dormancy weed can persists for long time.
TYPE OF DORMANCY:
1. PRIMARY DORMANCY:
It can be discuss in two form.
(a) Exogenous dormancy.
(b) Endogenous dormancy.
It is the condition of dormancy in which germination condition is not available and for this it has to germinate.
FACTOR AFFECTING EXOGENOUS DORMANCY:
In permeability of water due to presence of thick seed code.
Nuclear membrane of cucumber and endocarp or copy seed entry of gasses within the and seed shows dormancy.
3. MECHANICAL RESTRICTION:
If the growth of embryo is slow and don`t rupture of seed code.
METHODS OF BREAKING EXOGENOUS DORMANCY: